Welcome To Department of History
Department Of History
Ganesh Lal Choudhury College was established at the heart of the Barpeta Road Town as a Co-educational institution in the year 1990. The College took its birth with the generous donation of Rs.1000000/-(Ten Lakhs) only by a prominent citizen of Barpeta Road, Late Mohan Lal Choudhury , in the name of his elder brother Late Ganesh Lal Choudhury . As Such the institution bears the name “Ganesh Lal Choudhury College”.The Classes of G.L.Choudhury College started from the academic year 1990-91, with two classes, that is Higher Secondary First Year and B.A.First Year Class.
The Department of History was also started from the academic session 1990-91, as a General (Core) subject in H.S.-I Year and B.A. Ist Year Classes. The Classes of First Year academic session were done by Professor Abdul Mannaf Sikdar of B.H.College Howly.
|Name of the Professor||Date of Joining||Date of Leaving|
|Abdul Mannaf Sikdar
- The name of the Department: History
- Year of Establishment : 1990
- Name of the Programmes/ Courses : General and Major. UG, Major Course in the Department of History was introduced from the Academic session 2002-03, Vide G.B.Resolution No.02 dated 28-08-2002.
4.Date of University Permission of History as a General subject:
B.A.1st Year Permission: 24-04-1991.
B.A.2nd Year Permission: 13-08-1994 (Session 1993-94)
- Date of University (Gauhati) Affiliation :
B.A.Part I: 01-04-1997,
B.A.Part II: 24-10-1998
Permanent Affiliation: 31-08-2009
6. Date of Govt. Concurrence:A. Part I: 03-04-1995 (Read More)