About the Computer Literacy Program of G.L.Choudhury College
G.L.Choudhury college provides free one-year Computer literacy program to all the students of TDC 1st year.
Within a year the college has imparted basic computer knowledge to 359 students under the Computer Literacy Program. G.L.Choudhury College Computer Literacy Program has a computer lab containing ten computers with LAN and Internet facilities where students can learn basic skills of computer fundamentals.
The College also has a Study Centre which provides one year Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA) under Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University (KKSHOU)
The College has also introduced some self financed computer courses as follows:
- Certificate in Computer Fundamentals (CCF), Duration: 3 Months
- Certificate in Hardware & Networking (CHN), Duration: 3 Months
- Certificate in LNUX OS, Duration: 2 Months
- Certificate in Language( C or C++ or HTML/ DHTML) , Duration: 2 Months
- Certificate in Data Base Management System
(Micro Soft SQL Server/ My SQL), Duration: 2 Months
- Diploma in Desktop publishing (DTP) , Duration: 3 Months
Importance of Computer education or Why should we digitalize ourselves in the present day context
Computer is playing vital role in modern life. Computer education has great importance because use of computer has reached almost all the spheres of life. Today computer education is very much essential for submitting online application for different purposes or for the job of a clerk in the office. Now a day’s running of trains, machines, the flight of planes, the works in the bank and progress of business, etc all these are controlled by computers.
Rules & Regulation of Computer Lab
- Students are strictly prohibited to enter the computer lab unless authorised by concern faculty.
- Report all system related problems to the faculty.
- Do not attempt to repair system related issues.
- Do not Change settings or install any software in the computers.
- Internet facility is for educational purposes only. Browsing of social sites are strictly prohibited.
- Be responsible when using system equipment, software and other facilities inside the lab.
- Switch off all the power supply before leaving the lab.